I made this for dinner the other night while visiting my boy friend and it received such accolades as “soooo delicious” and “This is hands down the best thing you have ever cooked.” So, with reviews like that, how can I not share this show stopper with all of you?! These stuffed shells are filled with everything delicious and wonderful and can be made ahead of time so all you have to do is pop them in the oven for 30-45 minutes when you get home. Easy, right!? Well, I have to give credit where credit is due, I found this recipe on someones blog, so its not all mine, but, I did make, it, and it was good, and now you don’t have to go searching for it! So, heres how to make “the most delicious thing I have ever cooked”
1- 12oz pkg of Jumbo Pasta Shells
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 cup of chopped yellow onions
1 lb. of sweet Italian sausage
1 Tbsp minced garlic
16oz Ricotta Cheese
10oz Frozen Chopped Spinnich (thawed and squeezed dry)
1 cup grated parm cheese
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
28oz of pasta sauce
1 cup of mozz. Cheese
- In a pot with water and salt boil noodles until al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water, set aside to cool
- In a pan heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic.
- Remove the sausage from the casings and add it to the onion and garlic mixture separating it with a spatula as it cooks.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 egg and mix with Ricotta cheese, Parmesan Cheese, basil, salt an pepper.
- When the sausage mixture is cooked, add it to the bowl with the Ricotta Mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the shells and line place them in a pan.
- Once all the shells are filled, cover the top of them with the pasta sauce. sprinkle 1/4 cup of mozz cheese on top.
- Cover in Aluminum Foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes
- Uncover, add the remaining 3/4 cup of cheese to the top and cook for 10 more minutes, uncovered.
- Let cool and serve (serves 6-8)