We made this last week and it was probably one of the easiest meals I have made in a while. Why? Because it was a 3 in one meal. The meat, the starch and a veggie were all included in one pan and cooked at the same time. It literally doesn’t get any easier than that. Which is really great considering that on my days of from work I am finding it less and less likely that I want to be in the kitchen and more and more likely that I want to be napping on the couch or lounging by the pool while the rest of the world slaves away at work and I am home alone, due to my less than fortunate work schedule. Such is life. Enough about my twenty-something struggles, and on to the main course… or more like the entire meal!
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt for seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- trimmed green beans (how ever many you like)
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
This meal is super easy, and in one pan and with about an hour and a half you can prep and cook this meal. Minimal mess, and maximum deliciousness, and its pretty healthy too! Definitely a recommendation for a week night when you are busy. Prepare this one ahead by chopping the veggies and lemons, etc so all you have to do is throw it in a pan when you get home! Happy cooking!