I got this recipe off the back of a Johnsonville Italian sausage wrapper, so we decided to give it a try this week, since we hadn’t made a pasta dish in a while, and Im a big lover of italian dishes, which might be why I really enjoy winter, because I eat a lot more pasta then. I mean I know its not good for you, but it is so delicious, so I am willing to make the sacrifice of devouring the carbs to enjoy some of my favorite italian treats, which now includes this dish, because it was complete with garlic bread, mozzarella cheese, and little seasoned tomatoes. SO GOOD!
The best part of this meal? It was super easy to make, so there was minimal struggle, and a lot of food. This recipe serves between 6 and 8 people, depending on how hungry they are, and as always, can be easily saved for dinner another night, or prepped and frozen for for a few weeks out and then all you have to do is thaw and bake. So perfect!
- 1pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Sweet Sausage Links
- 8oz.penne or rigatoni dry pasta, cooked according to package
- 1jar(26 oz.) pasta sauce
- 3/4cup water
- 1Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1Tbsp. fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2cup Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- 1/4tsp. black pepper
- 1pkg. (10 oz.) frozen garlic bread, thawed & sliced into 12 slices
- 3cups (12 oz.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 12 fresh whole basil leaves
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced into 12 slices
Place mixture into a greased 9″ x 13″ pan.
Place twelve slices of garlic bread on top of mixture and cover with mozzarella. And then dip tomato in olive oil and place on each bread slice.
Bake uncovered at 400°F for approximately 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand ten minutes to help set before slicing and serving.