Here is another dinner quick fix for you, and its great for summer! Also, a great way to include the main dish and a salad all in one! David and I made this earlier this week because we were tomato hungry after checking out all the recently bloomed tomatoes on his plants he bought back at the beginning of the summer, however since they were not ready for consumption, we had to settle for the store bought ones. This chicken can either be baked or grilled, but considering we both live in apartments with crappy community grills, the oven was our method of choice, so my recipe features the baking instructions, but I am sure grilling would add that extra smoky deliciousness that screams summer!
- 6 baked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (We coated ours in a little olive oil, and salt and pepper during baking)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices tomato
- 6 large basil leaves
- Prepare chicken in the oven or on the grill
- As chicken is cooking, pour balsamic vinegar into sauce pan or skillet and cook until reduced by half. Add in butter and stir with a flat whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- Top chicken with mozzarella cheese, basil leaf, and then tomato slice, then drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve warm.
Sorry, I forgot to take a pictures here, pans were smoking and sizzling, and the oven timer was going off, and we were chopping, and it just got lost in the shuffle! But I did manage to capture the final product (see pic above), so that should give you some guidelines! Happy Cooking!