One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching Christmas movies, I don’t know why, but I just love them. And its not a specific genre its any movie, comedy, classic cartoons, drama, oldies but goodies, EVERYTHING. So I thought, if you were looking for a good movie to get you in the Holiday spirit, I would help you get a head start on picking the right movie for your viewing needs! Maybe I can even convince David we need to watch lots of Christmas movies (probably not!) So, here’s my list!!!!
1. The Christmas Classics (Rudolph, Frosty, etc)- These are aweseome classics, they are the ones with all the little clay people! They are on every year on ABC family’s 25 days of Christmas, and confession: I was so excited when I got the whole set of the movies for Christmas last year. Awesome!2. A Christmas Story– “You’ll shoot yer eye out!” If you dont know what I’m talking about…. please re-evaluate your life and see this movie. Its literally on EVERY year for at least a solid 24 hours, so you really dont have an excuse, and its just one of those ones you can’t afford to miss out on! So, either watch it now, or wait for the marathon, but either way, I guarantee you will probably find yourself watching at least some portion of this movie over the holiday season! So why not start now!!!
3. Elf- This is christmas comedic genius at its very best! If you need a little Chrstimas pick me up, or you just want lots of Christmas cheer, this is the movie for you! See what I mean?
4. Home Alone- If you have a lot of time on your hands….. you can just watch ALL of them , but lets be honest who has that kind of free time around the holidays, unless you arent sleeping or going to work, I personally like the second one best, which might stem from my obsession with NYC or the fact that I saw it first, but I like Mr. Duncan, and the bird lady at the park, and the jerks at the hotel. Its all top notch! This video is terrible quality but I love this scene!
5. The Santa Clause Movies- I remember being so excited when they came out with Santa Clause 2 and then there were more and more and more, but I still love the whole lot of them. I dont know why, I just do. Although, I have to admit my first is probably still my favorite. And I like Bernard. Hes cray!6. Its a Wonderful Life- Ahhhhh the Christmas Classics! We watch this one every Christmas eve, mostly because its always on TV. But I love and hate this movie at the same time. I think its so sad and deep at times, and when I watch Christmas movies Im just looking for some holly jolly entertainment, and sometimes this movie doesn’t quite do it for me, but I will admit, it is a great one, if you’ve never seen it…. shame on you, watch it RIGHT NOW!
7. Polar Express- This movie is awesome for kids, so if youre baby sitting, or need something super family friendly try this one out. When I was little I loved this book, I thought it was so awesome that it came with a jingle bell, which I think was my main motive in trying to find and purchase the book! Then when they made the movie a few years ago, even in my rapidly approaching adult state I was still super excited! Who doesn’t love the magic of Christmas!
8. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation- If you’ve ever seen any national lampoon movies, you know what youre in for, and everyone knows a guy like this…. or maybe you are a guy like this! Sorry about your life if you are!!!!!
9. Love Actually- This one is a total chick flick and I have to admit that I have seen it a few times and never quite follow the story line, but everyone I talk to loves it, so if you’re in the mood for a little Rom-Com action, check this one out.
10. The Grinch
– Last but certainly not least, this is my family’s FAVORITE Christmas movie, I am proud to say we watch it several times every christmas season and can quote a majority of the movie start to finish. I’d say its embarrassing, but I think its AWESOME! haha So, heres a little sneak peak at our favorite scene! If your looking for a good laugh and some family friendly entertainment, this one always gets my vote, no questions asked!
11. A Charlie Brown Christmas- Classic Christmas viewing here! I also own this one, and a Charlie Brown tree, and the book form…. to say I love Charlie Brown is a little bit of an understatement! But its so great, how can you not love it! And I love that it incorporates the real Christmas story, which is always a plus! So festive, and wonderful, and who doesn’t love Charlie Brown!?!
And Just in case you feel like you’ll have to spend an arm and a leg trying to see all these movies, fear not! I have this! Holiday Movie Schedule- 2012
so get to it, you already missed some!!!!!!!!!!! And when all else fails tune in to ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas Marathon.