In the spirit of Master’s week. I thought I would bring you a little tradition with a twist! If you have ever been to the Augusta National for the Master’s you know how delicious those little green bag sandwiches are, particularly the egg salad. These are like the most simple sandwiches in the world but I think its the combination of exhaustion and starvation that make them SO. FREAKING. DELICIOUS. So since David and his friend are going this year, and I won’t get my little green bag egg salad sandwich, we made our own version of egg salad and used avocado instead of mayo, in our attempts to be somewhat healthy before the wedding. Better try this one out, especially if you are entertaining for any golf lovers over the next four days!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 small avocados
- 1 tbsp of greek yogurts
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
1. chop 3 complete hardboiled eggs and then chop only the egg whites of three and then dump these into a medium bowl.
2. Half and remove pit from the two avocados, half a lemon, and chop the green onion.
3. combine all ingredients into the bowl with the chopped eggs.
4. mix all ingredients with a fork , then its ready to serve. Quick, easy and Delicious!