Ta-da another meal that we needed a grill for, but in our grill-less life, we made it work! I think we might be getting a grill soon as a wedding gift from David’s parents! On that note, get ready for some fun grilled meals this summer as David learns to connect to his inner grill master! But, back to the point, my Dad had some extra steaks at home that needed to be eaten so he gave them to David and I last time we were there, which was awesome because we would never normally buy steak because we try to save on meats at the grocery store by buying on sale or in bulk, which never happens with a decent cut of Filet! Since we didn’t have a grill, David looked up a stoke top method that worked wonders! While I will always been a fan of something grilled over stove or oven cooked, this was pretty tasty! So much so that I scarfed up the whole thing before I realized I didn’t take a picture of the final steak (carnivore problems)!!!
- 2 1&1/2-inch thick filet mignons at room temperature ( we had four so we doubled everything!)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 cups of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Place a steel pan that is not a non-stick pan over a medium high flame.
- Add the oil to the pan.
- Once the pan is very hot, add the steaks to the pan and do not move them for 3 minutes.
- Flip the steaks over and continue to cook them for three minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven and let the steaks finish cooking for 4-6 minutes for a rare steak or 6-8 minutes for medium rare steaks.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and place over a medium flame.
We served ours with baked potatoes and salad, ya know the Stokes steakhouse special! and like I said, not to shabby for a stove/oven cooked steak! Again, sorry for the bad pics, this was a pretty involved cooking process and kinda quick so there wasn’t much time to snap the shots, I will try harder next time 🙂 Don’t hate us!