The crockpot got me again. Somehow I am always convinced that I can remedy the bland taste of crockpot chicken by trying a variety of different sauces. I think its because it over cooks so its a little drier than I like. I even started this one when I cam home for lunch, but it was still a little over done by the time I got home from work at 6. I think it was because the chicken was cut into bite size pieces as opposed to being larger strips that needed to cook all the way through. I really need to be better about thinking these things through. But the sauce was really good and had the chicken been a little more moist I would have really liked it, so I really think we will give this one a try again.
- chicken breast strips
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Teriyaki sauce for crock pot, 1 cup for glaze
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Place chicken into crock pot
- Combine the chicken broth, 1 cup teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and garlic powder in crockpot, pouring over the chicken
- cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving place 1 cup of teriyaki sauce into a sauce pan and bring to a boil then slowly add honey (to taste) and a bit of brown sugar until the sauce thickens and reduces. Once the sauce is thick, add it to a bowl and remove chicken from crockpot and toss in the mixture.
- Once chicken is coated serve over white or brown rice with a side of steamed veggies and enjoy, another easy crockpot meal.
+if you’re still skeptical about the crockpot chicken like we are, you can bake the chicken or pan sear it and then toss it in the sauce, but the sauce is definitely what makes it!