As you prepare for all your holiday festivities, I thought I’d toss a little help your way! I have been seeing lots of fun holiday cocktails all over the place, between surfing pinterest, food blogs, and food gawker I managed to pull together this little list of special treats to serve as the signature cocktail at your annual holiday gathering. We’ll start off with your traditional Holiday favorites. I know this one is not for everyone but it s huge hit in my family, and now you can jazz it up and make a recipe all your own!
Homemade Holiday Eggnog
8 large eggs
4 egg yolks
1 cup granulated sugar
5 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cup Mount Gay ECLIPSE Rum
1 cup 80-proof bourbon
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg 2 cups whipping cream
2 tbsp superfine sugar
Jolly Old Elf
Jingle Jangle Punch
1.5 cups berry vodka
3/4 cups Grand Marnier
6 pints of fresh berries (raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
1 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed—about 8 lemons)
1.5 cups simple syrup
1 bottle sparkling wine (Something Extra Dry)
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the berries and sparkling wine) in a large glass or plastic container (or pitcher). Stir well.
2. Wash the berries.
3. When ready to serve, first fill the punch bowl with ice. Pour a small amount of the mixture in a cocktail shaker.
4. Add about five to seven berries.
5. Top with ice and shake HARD. (Make sure you shake hard enough so that the berries break apart in the cocktail shaker.)
6. Strain into the punch bowl.
7. Keep repeating steps until the mixture is all shaken and in the punch bowl.
8. Top the punch with about 3/4 of the bottle of sparkling wine and stir well.
9. Top the punch with additional berries and serve.
Ho Ho Ho Holiday Martini
Rudolph’s Tipsy Spritzer
And incase you were looking for a way to spice up those traditional New Years Eve champagne toasts, Add a stick of rock candy for a kick of sweetness, and some extra bubbles, and it looks awesome in the glass! I love it!
So I hope this inspires you to create something fun and different for your holiday guests this seasons, if you’re gunning to be the hostess with the mostest, a signature cocktail might just put you a step above the rest! Happy Holidays and bottoms up!